Monday, January 3, 2011

32 Week Ultrasound!

Today I had a follow up ultrasound at St. Marks. The tech was really nice, she's the one that told us we're having a boy back at our week 18 ultrasound. She spent some time trying to get pictures of his sweet little face even when he didn't seem to want to cooperate. He kept putting his hands by his face. She left the room for a few minutes and he started bouncing around like crazy. Then she came in and got these 3d pictures of his face! Larry was happy that I finally got my 3d/4d ultrasound (Now I can't beg him for one anymore). I didn't know they were going to do that. Baby boy looks so much like Larry. He has big lips and a handsome chin. He's a little chubster. I just love him! He currently weighs about four and half pounds. We're getting close!
 It was hard to get a clear shot of his face but you can kinda see it here. That's the umbilical floating around by his face.
 Sleepy baby boy
Look at those cute toes! He has big fat feet like me :) His poor little club feet are so sweet. These pictures were helpful though. We're going to bring them to my consultation with the orthopedic surgeon at Primary Children's next week.
Anyway, baby was very active during the ultrasound. It was so fun to see him. The doctor said that everything seems to be going well but he's concerned that the amniotic fluid level is a little high. That, plus the club feet and echogenic focus are still a concern for chromosomal or neurological abnormalities. But he sounded hopeful that they're just isolated issues. I hope so. I worry so much. The doctor wants to do a follow up ultrasound every week until he's born to keep an eye on him. We love this little boy so much and we're so excited to meet him! Oh and just fyi, our little daddy look alike is probably going to be named Larry "Allen" Balsmeier III. We'll see...next month! Yay!

3 comments:

JJ said...

Awww! He's so chubby and cute! I can't wait to meet this little guy in person! We'll keep praying for you all. And I LOVE his cute little feet and toes!

The Burrows Family said...

He is adorable! I want to smoosh his cheeks!

Jordan Arnold said...

Megan, he is so precious!!! I love him already!! I can't wait to hold little Allen!!! We are always praying for him to be healthy!!!