Thursday, June 30, 2011

Allen's Blessing...Yeah I know that was a couple months ago.

So I realized I never wrote about Allen's Blessing. It was on May 8, 2011 which happened to be Mother's Day. It meant a lot to me to have Larry bless him and officially give him the name Larry "Allen" Balsmeier III. I'm sure his grandpa (Larry Allen I) was one of the angels standing close by. Allen was given a really nice blessing. Among other great blessings, he was blessed to someday serve a mission and marry in the temple. I'm so proud of Allen already. He is such an amazing little boy and I'm just so grateful to be his mom!  Here are some photos of that day. He was cute little stud in his blessing outfit. Instead of going with the traditional white, I found him a vested suit. Sooo handsome!
Okay, so this was actually taken another day. He was sooo tired after his photo shoot with Emily.
Cast signing isn't the typical activity on blessing day...but it was a good opportunity since our family was there. He got the casts off the next day. They were his sixth and final casts! (Loretta took the pics from here down)
My little man
How cute is he?!
One of my notes to him. "I love you little foot."
Daddy writing on Allen's casts. Poor baby was wondering why we took his pants away and wrote all over his legs!
All in all, it was a great day and a very special first Mother's Day! I couldn't be happier to be my sweet little boy's mommy.

No comments: