Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas is coming


Well, it's already that time of year again. Christmas is coming up quick...and that means Larry's birthday is coming too. I can't believe he's going to be 25! Surprisingly, I'm ready for both his b-day (on Christmas Eve) and Christmas. I'm surprised how excited I am; not because I want presents, but because I can't wait to give Larry his presents. He's fun and easy to shop for. This is our first Christmas together as a married couple, but we spent last Christmas together too. Anyway, of course Christmas is not about presents. It's about Christ. Yesterday in church our Bishop spoke and talked about this little present that was under their tree every year. When he was young he was disappointed because it was supposed to be the best present and all it had in it was a little piece of paper that said "the greatest gift of all." Later in life he realized its significance. The greatest gift of all that we've been given is the gift of Eternal Life, from Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for my Savior and I know He lives and loves all of us. I'm grateful that our Heavenly Father was willing to send His Son as a sacrifice for us.

No comments: