Friday, April 24, 2009

Baby Guinea Pigs

I was just telling Larry that I was really proud of myself for only having two pets, Kodi & Kassi. Well, in a moment of weakness, Larry offered to get me a baby hamster as an anniversary present. Actually he said, "We can either go to dinner at the Roof or you can get a hamster." Hmmm...fancy, delicious, romantic dinner...or a cuddly pet? Well, you know me-I went with the pet. Although I really would like a romantic date like that. We actually went there together before though. So, it was off to the pet store (this is the day before our anniversary. Pet stores really aren't the coolest place to hang our on your anniversary.) Well, the hamsters I kept finding had attitude issues. I guess they weren't handled much. So, we decided to take a look at guinea pigs. Larry told me he had one as a pet before and really liked them. Growing up my sisters had guinea pigs, but I never did. Anyway, to get to the point, we picked out a little four-week-old female. I named her Hershey. We took her home and I was quite happy with my new pet (Except for that dreaded feeling-"oh no, you have a zoo again.") We read up on guinea pigs and realized that they are really social and need a friend. So, the next morning we visited the pet store again (on our actual anniversary. Oi.) and got another female. I named her KitKat. It's still kind of unofficial, but I'm pretty sure. I can't name 'em Hershey and Sally or something-they both need to be candy bars now. Plus, KitKat fit her because part of her ears have been nibbled off. (By her siblings...I'm not that nuts!) And apparently, they don't grow back! Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar! Sigh...well, now I have more pet stuff to blog about. I'm sorry and I hope you'll forgive me. Here's a video of Hershey making cute noises...

2 comments:

JJ said...

LOL! You crack me up Megan! "break me off a piece of that KitKat bar"!? I love the names!! Soo great! I love reading your posts about your pets. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Well, animals are the gift that keeps on giving (also gives you you something to clean up after, etc)
They do make cute noises. And I like how they're born all furry and hop around with their eyes open and everything.

Oh yeah, what's the deal with that lump on Kodi's snout? Did you find out what it was..?