Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cute Little Booties for Father's Day




Alright everyone, it's the news you've all been waiting for....for like two seconds. Apparently we have a trend going on. First, get engaged and wait two months to get married. Then wait two months to have a baby! That's right, I'm pregnant....already. Larry and I are very excited to have a little baby. We had prayed about starting a family and felt that Heavenly Father wanted us to leave it in His hands. It looks like our temple sealer was right, we would have kids sooner than we think. We look forward to the precious babies that Heavenly Father will entrust us with. The baby is due some time around February 23, 2009.

So here's the story of how I found out. I had just read my Patriarchal Blessing and was thinking about our future kids. Then I was praying and mentioned some things about it and it came to my mind that I should take a pregnancy test. Nothing profound, just really mild. Well I got off my knees and took the test and lo and behold, it said I was pregnant! I guess that explains why I've been so rediculously tired lately.

When Larry and I were dating he use to joke about how we would have really cute babies someday and they'd wear cute little booties. He said the bootie thing really cute and I thought it was funny, so I determined that someday that's how I'd tell him. After we were married I bought some baby booties and hid them in a shoe box in the guest room closet. So, after finding out, I went and grabbed the walmart bag containing the booties and made a beeline for our room where Larry was trying to go to sleep. I handed him the bag and said "I got you a present." He looked really confused, opened the bag, and suddenly looked really shocked. All I could say was "Happy Father's Day, you're going to be a dad." I had him look at the test to prove it to him. I took another test just to be sure and it was positive too. So, that's our new and exciting news! Oh, and I got pink booties because I decided the baby is girl, maybe twins, who knows! (apparently I prophetically know these things) jk :D

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay, I'm so happy for you guys! (Not that it's a surprise from the blog, Megan already told me yesterday). You'll both be such good parents. I'm sad I won't be there when the baby is born, and I won't get to see her until she's a year old.(I too am already assuming it's a girl). I'm sure she'll be really cute. If it ends up being a boy then we can laugh at this later. You guys better send me lots of pictures while I'm on my mission and I'll see the little baby Balsmeier when I get back.

JJ said...

Yea!! Can't wait to see the pics of you getting bigger. Enjoy pregnancy and we'll compare notes. Maybe we'll deliver on the same day. Congratulations guys. The kids are excited to get a new niece (or nephew).

Emily said...

Well I was totally convinced both of mine were girls, and you know how that turned out! hahaha Anyway, you know we're excited and that you have to let me take the baby's newborn pictures, right? ;) I can't wait to have a new baby in the family!

Amy Jaten said...

Super excited for you guys Megan! I'll be checking the blog regularly for updates!