Friday, November 21, 2008

Sick Buddies


So apparently, Larry and I get sick a lot. Since Larry has Chrone's Disease, I don't think he likes when I get sick too. He thinks I'm stealing his thunder. On Thursday I had chest pain and felt really weird/sick. I had to go to the ER at St. Marks. They did an EKG, X-rays, IV, Ultrasound, and whatever else they could to figure out what my problem is. They couldn't figure it out because I'm always difficult like that. So, tomorrow I'm going to the doctor. They'll probably refer me to a gastroenterolist (like Larry's people...again, I'm just stealing his thunder.) The ER doctor thinks it might be something with my esophagus. I guess I had some sort of esophageal spasm. They gave me a nitro glycerin tab to make it chill out. Larry stayed with me for all 6 hours in the ER. We were entertained by eavesdropping on other people's conversations. Let's just say someone probably doesn't have to tell the nurse everything about aunt Judy's problems. Meanwhile, I was hooked up to a bunch of monitering machines/oxygen and wanted desperately to escape to use the bathroom like 10 times-like you all wanted to know that--they gave me a whole bag of fluids via IV really really fast. Speaking of the IV-when I got x-rays I had to put my hands above my head. When I did, the cap on my IV came off and the fluids were pouring onto the floor-only to be followed by my blood which proceeded to pour onto the floor. I moved to avoid it and the radiologist pointed out that I moved. I was like-yeah, well I could bleed to death if we don't reattach these tubes pretty soon. Haha. I'm okay. It was quite an adventurous day. I'm feeling pretty sick still. Larry hasn't been feeling well lately-with Chrone's Disease. And I'm still covered in nasty sores from getting eaten by who knows what. That was last weeks deal with the doctors. I had a major rash and hypersensitive reaction to some sort of bites. We took the dogs to the vet to get them treated for mites or fleas or whatever. Of course, people aren't supposed to catch the dog mite-but lucky me...Hopefully you'll all still by my friends...

5 comments:

Emily said...

I seriously thought that picture was a pregnancy test at first. Hope you're feeling better.

Hugie said...

Poor Megan... Poor Larry...
Sorry you are not doing well!
Hope things get better for you two.
Get well...

John and Clara said...

Oh my goodness. I hope that you are feeling better and that Larry is trying to help you out, even if you are stealing his thunder. We really hope that you both start doing better...and stay that way!

Unknown said...

I hope you're both doing okay. :/

Unknown said...

ps - I thought that was a pregnancy test at first glance, too. hehe.