Saturday, November 1, 2008

What Were We Thinking?

So today I had plans to do just a couple things: go vote, yeah I did that, return a car battery to walmart, yup did that too, and finish my homework-done...So what's there to do when you get everything done? Apparently the right thing to do is reward yourself by going out and buying a puppy. That's right, Larry and I added a new addition to the Balsmeier family. She's an adorable 8-week-old Cocker Spaniel puppy. We overlooked the fact that I'm already a hypocrite by finding new homes for my bunny and cat...and that I work for the animal shelter and encourage everyone to adopt. We're happy with our new puppy though. I guess it's just meant to be...or that's what we'll tell ourselves. Kodi gets along with her and doesn't seem too jealous...not yet anyway. We just thought he needed a friend that's all. Our new puppy is yet to be named but we'll keep you all posted. By the way, she seems to really love Larry, (and Larry seems to like her too) it's really cute. She follows him around and climbs up on him to sleep in his lap. Well, here are some pictures of our new pup! :)
*Update* We've named the puppy Kassidy (Kassie for short).




5 comments:

Hugie said...

Your new puppy is SOOO adorable!!!
Can't wait to meet her in person!!
Hope you made the right decision!!!... Puppies are like babies... Lots of work and attention!!!... Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!

JJ said...

Ohhhhhh! How cute! I'll trade you some kids for the adorable puppy!! Keep us updated on her name.

Emily said...

Tsk tsk tsk. You guys.

She's freaking adorable though, almost makes me want a puppy. Almost.

John and Clara said...

She is so cute!! Good luck with your new pup!

Amy Jaten said...

did you say BUY?? What Tha??? Who are you? Just kidden. You said it best- all dogs deserve great homes. PS, too bad about your whole vote huh !! Ha haAaa Gobama! Gobama.
J/k dont erase me. ;)