Saturday, May 24, 2008

How did this happen?


Never in a million years did I think I would get married at 19. But what can say, I couldn't resist Larry's good looks. I knew he was up to no good when he asked me over a year ago, "So how set are you on going on a mission?" Well, I don't think they'll let me go on a mission now, because on April 22, 2008 we were married in the Salt Lake Temple. We'll have to go on a mission together later. Larry and I met at the Sandy Institute in Doctrines of the Gospel class. I had taken our teacher, Brother Barrus' classes for a year and loved them. So I always signed up for his class. He's an awesome teacher but for some reason no one takes his class. So Larry and I met in a class of four people. So it was easy to bond! He asked me out on March 22 2007. We went on our first date to boondocks, where I beat him at miniature golf *he let me win of course* and I soaked him on bumper boats. He wasn't too happy. On May 22, we decided to date seriously. I guess I failed to realize decisions like that may likely lead to marriage. On February 27, 2008 Larry proposed to me at Temple Square, the same place he asked me how set I was on that mission thing. I said yes, of course, and two seconds later we were married on April 22, 2008. You'll notice everything happened on the 22nd. We decided to be married on the 22nd for that reason. Larry switched it up a bit by proposing on the 27th. I liked it though because it was a meaningful date for both of us. Larry's dad's birthday is February 27th, and I got my Patriarchal Blessing in 2005 on February 27th. Well, that's the gist of it. And now here we are. I'll post later about our wedding day, which was awesome, and pictures, when we get them. I'm thinking I'm coming off as crazy on this blog thing. Oh well. I'll get Larry aka Allen, to post stuff on here too. He probably has more normal things to talk about. Our blog probably isn't as exciting as those with cute little kids on it, but that's down the road. In the mean time, I thought it would be good, especially for Larry's family in Kansas to keep in touch and see what's up with us.

No comments: